Highlights from the Board
of Trustees' Meetings
To read the Press Release that summarizes a Board
of Trustees' Meeting, click the meeting headline.
July 18, 2006
Board approves raises during regular monthly meeting
- Approved salary increases for classified staff and
- elected the following officers for the upcoming year:
Chairman, Lee Gregg Jr.; vice chairman, LaDonna Lanning; Kansas Association
of Community College Trustees voting delegate, Donna Avery; Association
of Community College Trustees voting delegate, Ron Godsey; Board representative
for professional negotiations, Albert Bacastow Jr.; trustee designated
as the Board representative to the College Endowment Association, LaDonna
Lanning; and each member of the Board was named trustee designated
to open bids.
- appointed Libby Palmer as clerk of the Board, Tony Crouch
as treasurer of the Board, and David Andreas as Board attorney.
- designated Home National Bank and Union State Bank
as official depositories for college funds, designated the Arkansas
City Traveler and Winfield Daily Courier for publication of official
- heard a construction report from Vice President of
Business Services Tony Crouch. The installation of the new carpet in
the Storbeck Dormitory is complete. Shower repairs are nearing completion
in the Kirke Dale Dormitory. Heating, air-conditioning, electrical
and minor plumbing work are in process at the Mulvane Welding/Industrial
- presented for first reading the policy Grant-In-Aid
Tuition Reimbursement for full-time Classified Staff.
- presented the
final readings on four policies, including Guidelines on Demonstrations
and Leafletting, Family and Medical Leave Act, Reimbursement for Travel,
and Absence and Sick Leave – Administrative and Classified
June 20, 2006
College extends the contracts of several administrators
Nine Cowley College administrators, who have worked
at the school for a combined 113 years, received approval to extend
their administrative contracts during the Board of Trustees regular
monthly meeting held Monday night.
- approved the final reading on Graduation
Requirements, Class Rosters, Assignment of Grades, and Records Retention.
- heard Chairman Mark Paton appoint Ron Godsey and
Albert Bacastow Jr. as the nominating committee to make recommendations
for the Board’s
annual reorganization. The recommendations will be effective for the
2006-07 academic year.
- approved the Master Agreement between the Cowley
College Education Association and the Board of Trustees of Cowley
College beginning Aug. 1, 2006, and ending July 1, 2008.
approved the offer from EMC to provide workers compensation insurance
coverage with a $1,000 deductible.
- approved advisement pay for 41 college
personnel for spring semester advisement pay.
- approved overload contracts
for 13 college personnel for the summer’s
first four and eight-week sessions.
May 16, 2006
Aguilar to retire from Cowley
- accepted letter of retirement from Roxie
Aguilar, library assistant at Cowley College.
- was presented first readings on
four policies, including Records Retention, Graduation Requirements,
Class Rosters, and Assignment of Grades. The Board approved the final
reading on the Immunization Policy.
- approved compensation for sponsorships
of college activities.
April 18, 2006
Roderick, Shepherd to retire from Cowley
- A pair of long time employees of Cowley College
submitted letters of retirement to the Board of Trustees: Wanda Shepherd
and Cliff Roderick.\
- approved the travel and expense request for the
Cowley athletic programs should they qualify for regional/national
September 20, 2005
McAtee shows rough draft of proposed Aviation Technology Center
- Dr. Pat McAtee presented a rough draft of the proposed Aviation
Technology Center . If the project were approved, the target date for
completion would be the fall of 2007.
- heard a construction report from
Vice President of Business Services Tony Crouch. Crouch said the Webb-Brown
Academic Center, Mulvane Industrial Technology Center, and the Winfield
Center are complete and seem to be meeting expectations.