The History of Cowley College
Since 1922, Cowley College's commitment to each student's success in their chosen field is the force that has endured. Our desire to enrich each student's life is the passion that has sustained us through good times and bad times. From our first day to our last, we will make a difference in the lives of our students.
The Heritage of Cowley College
We are proud of our heritage and excited about our future. Be a part of Cowley College...
The Arkansas City Junior College was established in 1922. For thirty years the College had facilities in the basement of the Arkansas City High School. Because the "basement university" experienced incredible growth, the creation of a college campus began with the construction of Galle-Johnson Hall in 1950. In 1965 our name was changed to Cowley County Community College and Vocational-Technical School to reflect our position of the community college for Cowley County.
Today Cowley College has expanded to a campus, two educational centers, an online college, outreach centers, and a service center.
History Remembered Through Bits of Information
History Remembered Through News, Photos, Reports, and Newsletters
- View archives of press releases
- View archives of President's Reports
- View archives of photo galleries
- View archives of Alumni & Friends Newsletters
Help us record Cowley College's history by sending us your memories and photographs.