How Do I Earn my Kansas State High
Students may elect to do one of the following:
- Register for Adult Education classes which help you prepare
to take the GED examination.
- Register and pay $45.00 to take the qualifying test (OPT).
Everyone must take and pass the qualifying test with a minimum score of
450 out of a possible 800 in each test battery and have a combined average
score of 500 to qualify to take the GED final exam.
To register for and take the GED final exam you will need to:
- Contact Devin Graves, the Chief GED Examiner, 620.441.5258
- Provide a valid KS Driver's License, Military Photo ID or
- Provide proof of KS Residency
- Take and Pass the Qualifying Test (OPT)
- Pay $85.00 GED final exam registration fee
- Complete the registration process and secure your test date
Based on your scores of the GED exam, the State of Kansas Board
of Regents can issue you a Kansas State High School Diploma.
The five areas tested over are:
- Social Studies
The five basic tests are multiple choice.
The writing portion also has an additional part—the essay. You are
given a statement or question, and you have to write your opinion in a specific
amount of time.
Each test battery must score a minimum of 420 with an overall
total of 2250 in order to pass.
for available exam dates.