Community & Continuing Education
Motorcycle Safety Basic RiderCourse
This course is designed to teach the participant how to operate a motorcycle safely, with emphasis on special skills and mental attitude necessary for dealing with traffic. Upon completion of the course, the student will exhibit knowledge, skills, attitudes, and habits for the safe operation of a motorcycle. Upon completion of the written and riding evaluations required by the state, no further testing is required to receive the Kansas motorcycle license.
- Two and a half day course
- Motorcycle and helmet provided
- Qualifies graduates for college credit
- Qualifies graduates for motorcycle certificate of completion in Kansas
- Qualifies for premium discount with many motorcycle insurance providers
- United States Armed Forces Approved
- All courses and coaches are approved by the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles and are certified through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation
Cost is $275.00 per student.
- Must be 15 years of age (parent's signature required if less than 18 years old)
- Must have a valid driver's license or learner's permit (Must present during enrollment)
- Must be able to balance and ride a bicycle
- No Riding gear is required on the first evening, but you will be required to bring a long sleeve shirt or jacket, full fingered gloves, sturdy over the ankle shoes, and eye protection on Saturday and Sunday.
- If you are not a current or previous Cowley College student, the Admissions Application must be completed. Click here for the Admissions Application.
Click here to enroll online.
Admissions representatives will be available to enroll you. Call 620.441.5584. Enrollment needs to be completed one week before the class begins.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS. Register
Class Schedule - 20 hour course earns you 1 credit hour at Cowley College.
- Friday, 5:45 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Private Basic RiderCourse
Cowley College offers private lessons to persons who because of their schedule cannot attend regular weekend classes. The individualized instruction provided is the same classroom curriculum and range activities that are presented during the Basic RiderCourse.
A private class allows you to complete the same course in an individualized and accelerated environment. The instruction is intensified by the total focus of the instructor on your development as a rider.
The Basic RiderCourse curriculum is adhered to, but this type of training allows the instructor to spend more time on problem areas, and still meet the criteria for the completion of the MSF Basic RiderCourse. A Private class can contain a maximum of two participants.
Private lessons are scheduled on a case-by-case basis.
To schedule a private class, contact an admissions representative at 620.441.5584.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 2 STUDENTS. Register now !
Click here for additional RiderCourses scheduled.
Contact an admissions
representative at 620.441.5584.
Course ID: HPE6343
To view short video clip about the course, click on the title or picture.