Motorcycle Safety Basic
This course is designed to teach the participant
how to operate a motorcycle safely, with emphasis on special skills and
mental attitude necessary for dealing with traffic. Upon completion of
the course, the student will exhibit knowledge, skills, attitudes, and
habits for the safe operation of a motorcycle. Upon completion of the
written and riding evaluations required by the state, no further testing
is required to receive the Kansas motorcycle license.
- Two and a half day course
- Motorcycle and helmet provided
- Qualifies graduates for college credit
- Qualifies graduates for motorcycle certificate of completion in Kansas
- Qualifies for premium discount with many motorcycle insurance providers
- United States Armed Forces Approved
- All courses and coaches are approved by the Kansas
Division of Motor Vehicles and are certified through the Motorcycle
Cost is $275.00 per student.
- Must be 15 years of age (parent's signature required if less than
18 years old)
- Must have a valid driver's license or learner's permit (Must present
- Must be able to balance and ride a bicycle
- No Riding gear is required
on the first evening, but you will be required to bring a long sleeve
shirt or jacket, full fingered gloves, sturdy over the ankle
shoes, and eye protection on Saturday and Sunday.
- If you are not a current or previous Cowley College student, the
Admissions Application must be completed. Click
here for the Admissions Application.
Click here to
Admissions representatives will be available to enroll you. Call 620.441.5584.
Enrollment needs to be completed one week before the class begins.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS. Register
Class Schedule - 20 hour course earns you 1 credit hour
at Cowley College.
- Friday, 5:45 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Private Basic RiderCourse
Cowley College offers private lessons to persons who because of their schedule
cannot attend regular weekend classes. The individualized instruction provided
is the same classroom curriculum and range activities that are presented during
the Basic RiderCourse.
A private class allows you to complete the same course in an individualized
and accelerated environment. The instruction is intensified by the total
focus of the instructor on your development as a rider.
The Basic RiderCourse curriculum is adhered to, but this type of training
allows the instructor to spend more time on problem areas, and still
meet the criteria for the completion of the MSF Basic RiderCourse. A
Private class can contain a maximum of two participants.
Private lessons are scheduled on a case-by-case basis.
To schedule a private class, contact
an admissions representative at 620.441.5584.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 2 STUDENTS. Register now !
Click here for
additional RiderCourses scheduled.
Contact an admissions
representative at 620.441.5584.
Course ID: HPE6343
Go to Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information, complete and submit
To view short video clip about the course, click on the title or picture.