The health care industry is currently experiencing a nationwide
shortage of qualified health care workers, including administrators of
long term care facilities.
Cowley College offers the Administrator in Training Program (AIT), designed
to accommodate the flexibility students need today. Students have up to 16 weeks (one semester) to complete the required
480 clock hour practicum at a KDHE approved long term health care facility
Students are also required to complete one online class
(three credit hours) offered
by Cowley College. This classes must be completed by the end of the 16 week time frame given for the practicum. Only classes taken through Cowley College
will fulfill this requirement. The required class is:
- ALH 1676 - Health Care Finance
The State of Kansas also requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of ALH 5213 Long Term Adult Health Care Administrator
(practicum), 13 credit hours
- Completion of one required online class through
Cowley, 3 credit hours
This program is one of the oldest and most popular in
the state and enjoys the highest enrollment for a program of its nature.
program serves students statewide
- No on-campus classes are required, course content is available online
- Program Coordinator is a Licensed Adult Care Administrator
- Students communicate with the coordinator via phone or email
- Tuition costs are
Now is a great time to explore the opportunity
of becoming a licensed Administrator.
How to apply and get started
See the U.S. Department of Labor's OccupationalOutlook for Medical and
Health Service Managers here.