Thank you for your interest in the Pratt Community College
Nursing Program (Associate Degree
Demand for all healthcare professionals,
including registered nurses and licensed practical nurses, is at an all-time
high. Career opportunities are unlimited, salaries and benefits are excellent,
and you can make a difference in people’s lives every day.
Classes are held at the Cowley College
Winfield Allied Health Center. Cowley College and Pratt Community
College have established a partnership to better meet the healthcare
needs of our community and students. Cowley College can provide all
of the pre-requisites required for a nursing degree, while Pratt
Community College will provide the technical nursing classes. The
instructional faculty, program and curricula is supervised by Pratt
Contacts l Step-by-Step
Guide l Program Requirements l Pre-requisites l TEAS l Financial
Aid l FAQS
Applicants should complete pre-requisites prior to the technical portion
of the program.
Priority consideration is given
to students who apply before the application deadline.
- For CNA students interested in the On Campus PN program (PN = Practical Nurse)
- This program begins every fall; with an application deadline of February 1
- For LPN's interested in the On Campus ADN Completion program (ADN = Registered Nurse / Associates Degree in Nursing)... [this is also for students who have just finished up the PN program; and have become LPN's]
- This program begins every fall; with a priority deadline of February 1
- Kansas licensed LPN or nationally certified paramedic students may be accepted into the On Campus or Online ADN Completion (Registered Nurse / Associates Degree in Nursing) pending space availability.
- This program begins every spring; with an application deadline of July 1
- This program begins every summer; with an application deadline of December 1
Mail applications, transcripts, etc. to the
nursing program at Pratt Community
For questions regarding program pre-requisites that can be taken at Cowley:
Pratt Community College
Attn. Nursing Admissions
348 NE SR 61
Pratt, KS 67124
|Tiffany Naccarato, Nursing Coordinator
Winfield Allied Health Center
|Chris Cannon , Chair
Department of Allied Health
Winfield Allied Health Center
For questions regarding the nursing programs
(through Pratt Community
and the transferability of classes:
To enroll in your pre-requisites at Cowley
(Skip to step 4 if you have already completed all pre-requisites.)
- Apply for admission to Cowley College.
- Take Cowley College assessment test.
- Take prerequisite courses from Cowley.
Student may be admitted to the nursing program "pending successful
completion of..." no more than 16 credit hours fall/spring semester
or no more than 10 credit hours in the summer.
- Begin application process to Pratt Nursing Program. (Make sure you apply for admissions to Pratt Community College; in addition to the Pratt Nursing Program).
Applications received before the deadline are given priority consideration.
On Campus program - Pratt Nursing (Checklist)
ADN Completion - Pratt Nursing (Checklist)
- Take Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS-V).
You must pre-register and pre-pay a $50 testing fee. A photo ID is required upon
arrival to test. This is an online test over math, science, reading,
and English skills. Allow approximately 3 hours to complete. It is
very important that you purchase and study the TEAS-V study guide, available
at the college bookstore and online at atitesting.com.
Call 620.221.2763 for testing dates at the Cowley Winfield campus.
- Certified Nursing
Assistant - (May be taken as a 5 hour course from Cowley; must pass
state exam to receive certification.) Required for PN program.
- Active Kansas LPN or Nationally Certified Paramedic - (Paramedic program may be taken from Cowley; must pass national certification exam). Required for ADN program
- Composition I
- Interpersonal Communications, Speech, or
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology or Human Growth and Development
- Microbiology. (5 credit hours with lab, 5 year expiration.)
- Anatomy & Physiolog (5 credit hours with lab, 5 year expiration)
- You may take Anatomy and Physiology I, with lab, 4 credit hours, 5 year expiration and Anatomy and Physiology II, with lab, 4 credit hours, 5 year expiration. You must take A&P I with A&P II
While chemistry is not required for the Pratt nursing program, it is a suggested prerequisite for Microbiology. Students are strongly advised to take chemistry, especially if they have not completed chemistry in high school.
Additional prerequisite courses required for RN-BSN (at KU):
- English Composition I & II
- Humanities elective course
- General Psychology
- General Sociology
- Child/Human Development
- Global Perspectives course
- General Chemistry w/ lab
- Microbiology w/ lab
- Anatomy w/ lab
- Physiology (or combined A&P)
- College Algebra
- Human Nutrition
Financial assistance may be available through Cowley College while taking
prerequisites at CCCC. Contact Pratt Community College for financial
aid during technical nursing classes.