Health & Human Services Department
The Health and Human Services Department at Cowley College offers TUITION scholarships to a limited number of qualified applicants for the Allied Health, EMS, Cosmetology, and Criminal Justice programs. A scholarship contract will be mailed to selected applicants.
- must be a full time student (at least 12 hours)
- must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25
- must maintain a 3.25 GPA while at Cowley College
- must have a declared major in one of the disciplines in the Health and Human Services Department
- recommended that each award recipient take one leadership class each semester while receiving the scholarship, though it is not required
- must be a Kansas resident according to criteria determined by the Registrar's Office at Cowley College
- complete the online Application for Scholarship
- submit half page essay indicating the major you are going to declare within the Health and Human Services Department and why this major interests you.
- obtain letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor, college professor or present/past employer.
- send official copies of current college and high school transcripts to college.
- Fall Semester: February 15th
- Spring Semester: October 15th
Department scholarships are available for renewal based on satisfactory completion of GPA and department criteria. Scholarships are awarded only for Spring & Fall semesters.
Program Specific Scholarships
Child Care and Development Partnership Scholarship
Cowley Partners with Quality
Cowley partners with Quality, is a partnership program to help centers in our surrounding areas promote higher education for their staff. Cowley has offered to assist with scholarships in the range of $200-$300 per semester. $200 per semester if the student is enrolled in six credit hours, and $300 per semester if the student is enrolled in nine credits or more. To apply, complete the online Application for Scholarship.
The Cowley College Foundation provides scholarships through local contributions, several of which are reserved for Education majors. Visit the Cowley College Foundation page to find out more about those opportunities and complete the Scholarship Application.
In addition to department scholarships, others are available to EMS students and are listed on the EMS/scholar page.
This scholarship supports paraprofessionals employed by a USD in the state of Kansas. The purpose is to assist the workforce with advanced credentials needed to maintain employment or gain a position as a licensed educator. Candidates for the scholarship must be a Kansas resident working toward one of the following programs of study:
- Paraprofessional - Benefit Program (48 credit hours)
- Paraprofessional - Associate of Arts
- Education - Associate of Arts in preparation for transfer to a College of Education at a four year university.
The scholarship covers a maximum of 9 credit hours of tuition per semester and can only be applied to courses within the above programs of study. Courses may be taken online or at one of the Cowley College campuses. One scholarship is permitted per person per semester and cannot be combined with other Cowley scholarships. All student fees, course fees, and textbook cost are the responsibility of the student. Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Kansas residents currently employed as a paraprofessional in any USD in Kansas
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Continue to progress toward a required program of study
For more information contact:
Cannon, Department Chair
Winfield Allied Health Center
1406 East 8th Avenue
Winfield, KS 67156