Health & Human Services Department
The Health and Human Services Department at Cowley College offers TUITION scholarships to a limited number of qualified applicants for the Allied Health, EMS, Cosmetology, and Criminal Justice programs. A scholarship contract will be mailed to selected applicants.
- must be a full time student (at least 12 hours)
- must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25
- must maintain a 3.25 GPA while at Cowley College
- must have a declared major in one of the disciplines in the Health and Human Services Department
- recommended that each award recipient take one leadership class each semester while receiving the scholarship, though it is not required
- must be a Kansas resident according to criteria determined by the Registrar's Office at Cowley College.
- complete the online Application for Scholarship
- submit half page essay indicating the major you are going to declare within the Health and Human Services Department and why this major interests you.
- obtain letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor, college professor or present/past employer.
- send official copies of current college and high school
transcripts to college
Department scholarships are available for renewal based on satisfactory completion of GPA and department criteria. Scholarships are awarded only for Spring & Fall semesters.
In addition to this Department Scholarship, several others are available to EMS students and are listed at EMS/scholar.
Fall Semester: February 15th
Spring Semester: October 15th
For more information contact:
Cannon, Department Chair
Winfield Allied Health Center
1406 East 8th Avenue
Winfield, KS 67156