Open Administrative Positions
Dr. Harold W. “Doc” Arnett
Vice-President for Academic Affairs
“One of the things I like about Cowley College is that people take the ‘Community’ part of our name to heart. Whether we’re visiting at a Chamber of Commerce function or helping clean up after a flash flood, our employees genuinely believe in being a community and in being part of our community.”
How To Apply
To apply for an administrative position: Submit a complete application packet, including cover letter, resume and staff application to: Cowley College, Attn: Human Resources, 125 South Second St., PO Box 1147, Arkansas City, KS 67005 or email to: email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer. Voluntary EEOC form - Non-discrimination notice
Location: Wellington / Sumner County
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: President
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: January 28, 2017
The College Operations Officer (COO)—Sumner County Campuses, will report directly to the President, Cowley College. Initially, the COO will be heavily involved with the project planning and design of the Wellington Campus buildings and grounds. COO will work collaboratively with the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Vice President of Finance and Administration, and the Executive Directors of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management to oversee the structuring of the campus including faculty assignments, student services, facilities and overall campus operations.
- Actively involved in the design and planning of the Wellington campus, by working closely with all project teams and administration.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of academic offerings at the Sumner County campuses working in collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of student affair activities at the Sumner County campuses working in collaboration with the Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Provide effective leadership, direction, and support for implementing the vision, mission, strategic plan, and core commitments of the College.
- Provide direction and oversight of Sumner County Campus operations.
- Provide direction and guidance to faculty and staff in day to day operations.
- Actively participate in professional organizations; committees, community events.
- Responsible for developing and advancing relationships with area businesses, schools, dignitaries, and other college partners.
- Provide recommendations regarding the resources needed to carry out the mission of the College.
- Establish positive professional relationships with local businesses, government entities, organization, and general public through networking, meetings, and other engagements.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters positive faculty, staff, and student morale.
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, prepare and oversee the budget for the Sumner County campuses.
- Serve on the President’s Administrative Council and other councils as assigned.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures.
- Assist the President by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- High level of organization with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks, while maintaining oversight and holding employees accountable.
- Successful team management skills with the ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to empower personnel to optimize effective operations.
- Strategic thinker for building upon the projected growth of the Sumner County Campuses.
Required Background and Education:
- Must be a resident or demonstrate significant ties to Sumner County.
- Bachelor’s Degree required within a related field, with emphasis in operations and systems management preferred. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience within higher education preferred.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Travel and evening hours required.
- May office from multiple College locations based on College need.
Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation or other legally protected category. (Notice of Non-Discrimination found at http://www.cowley.edu/about/legal.html)
To apply for this opportunity: Submit a complete application packet, including cover letter, resume and staff application to: Cowley College, Attn: Human Resources, 125 South Second St., PO Box 1147, Arkansas City, KS 67005 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer. Voluntary EEOC form - Non-discrimination notice.