Open Full Time Athletic Coach Positions
Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
"As a coach working at Cowley, our employees are very supportive towards one another. We work hard as a team to have one of the top athletic programs in the nation."
How To Apply
To apply for a full-time athletic coach position: Submit a complete application packet, including cover letter, resume and staff application (PDF Format) to: Cowley College, Attn: Human Resources, 125 South Second St., PO Box 1147, Arkansas City, KS 67005 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer. - Non-discrimination notice.
Location: Arkansas City (Main Campus)
Job Status: Full-time
Reports to: Head Coach-Track and Field
The Assistant Coach-Track is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with various aspects of the program, such as recruiting, planning, coaching, scheduling opponents, training team members, managing and directing the throwers program. The Assistant Coach- Track is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Cowley College, Jayhawk Athletic Conference and the NJCAA.
- Assists the head coach in managing and directing the track and program.
- Manage and direct the throwers program independently with oversight from the Head Track Coach.
- Assists the head coach with all aspects of the team including training, competing and scheduling.
- Organizes and maintains accurate inventory of equipment and uniforms.
- Assists Head Coach in maintaining facilities/courses.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student athletes.
- Monitors class schedules, grades and student athlete academic progress for throwers program.
- Assists the administration and Tiger Booster Club with alumni relations, community projects and fundraising.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the Jayhawk Athletic Conference and the NJCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department and College community, attends department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively within interacting with the community, alumni, high schools coaches, media and general public.
- Assist in the transfer and placement of student athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach-Track by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student athletes.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the College, Jayhawk Athletic Conference and NJCAA.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to teamwork
- A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, as needed.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision, as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and participating in the overall athletic program, student activities and College events.
- Ability to teach sportsmanship and set an example of good moral and physical behavior.
- Ability to market and promote Cowley College Track and Field Program.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communications skills- orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
- Excellent human relations skills. Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and commitment to Academic Quality Improvement Program.
Required Education Background:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Commercial Driver’s License, preferred.
- Collegiate or professional playing experience
- Advanced knowledge of the softball game.
- High school or college level coaching experience, preferred.
Supervisory Requirements: None
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to move freely around the campus and outreach centers; ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, reach and grasp as required to perform responsibilities; ability to drive motor vehicle; and ability to work on the computer for long periods of time.
Coaches are responsible for maintaining an environment free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment. Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors. The employee is required to travel.
Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation or other legally protected category. (Notice of Non-Discrimination found at http://www.cowley.edu/about/legal.html)