Verification Policy For Federal Aid Recipients
All FAFSA’s selected by the Central Processing System (CPS) will be verified 100% by the Financial Aid Office. Any FAFSA with an asterisk beside the EFC number on the Student Aid Report (SAR) has been selected.
Documentation required for verification (but not limited to) will be:
- IRS Tax Return Transcript (for both the student and parents if applicable). Order this transcript at www.irs.gov. (Copies of tax returns and W-2’s cannot be accepted)
- Untaxed income such as deferred compensation, child support received and/or paid out or workers compensation.
- Student Certification Form (Print from your Campus Connect)
- Verification Worksheet (Print from your Campus Connect)
- High School Transcript, GED or Home School Diploma.
The Financial Aid Office will inform the student by email and mail of the verification process and what items will be needed to complete their file.
Students will access their Campus Connect accounts to view documentation needed and print forms needed. After the initial email is sent, all further email correspondence will be sent to the student's Cowley Student Email account.
The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to select any file for verification that appears to have conflicting or incorrect information listed.
Students may turn in paperwork to complete their files in person, by email, mail or fax to the following locations:
Main Campus - Admissions
125 South 2nd Street
Arkansas City, KS 67005
430 E. Main St.
Mulvane, KS 67110
Wichita Downtown Center
532 South Market Street
Wichita, KS 67202
Fax: (620) 441-5350