Free tuition for qualifying Career and Technical Education classes
The State of Kansas will
pay your tuition for qualifying Career and Technical Education classes,
so you can take the fast-track toward earning a degree, certificate,
industry-recognized credentials, or work-ready skills.
Cowley College's vocational and technical programs prepare individuals for a wide array of challenging careers in specialized labor markets.
This tuition-free incentive program encourages high school students to gain the training needed to enter a profession and, in many cases, earn an industry-recognized credential prior to graduating from high school.
Qualified juniors and seniors in public, private, and homeschool high schools are eligible for free tuition through the Career and Technical Education Act (Senate Bill 155 for Kansas residents). Cowley College pays your incidental fees; however, you will need to purchase textbooks and may incur some small program fees.
Courses Covered by SB155
View the listing of over 100 Cowley College Courses Available to High School Students Covered by SB155.
Steps to earn FREE TUITION:
1. Meet with your high school counselor or a Cowley representative to discuss your options.
If you would like to see our state-of-the-art facilities, schedule a campus/center tour.
2. Choose a program or class to meet your educational goals.
Check times, locations and online availability at: www.cowley.edu/schedules
3. Apply online at www.cowley.edu/apply.
4. Complete any required program applications & assessments.
5. Enroll at one of Cowley College’s locations:
- Cowley Campus in Arkansas City
- Mulvane Center in Mulvane
- Winfield Allied Health Center in Winfield
- Wichita Downtown Center in Wichita
Career & Technical Education Degrees
Programs designed for students with flexible school days.
Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions and online courses available!
- Non-Destructive Testing* - Arkansas City & Mulvane (not applicable to online accelerated NDT)
- Machine & Tool Technology - Arkansas City
- Automotive Technology - Arkansas City & Mulvane
- Manufacturing Technology (Mechatronics) - Arkansas City
- Welding - Arkansas City & Mulvane
Industry Recognized Credentials:
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)* - Mulvane & Winfield
- CNA/CMA - Mulvane & Winfield (hybrid) (age restrictions)
- Medical Coding or Transcription - Online
- Child Care & Development
Coursework in these programs of study may also qualify for FREE TUITION. Many of these are offered through Cowley College Online.
*Age restrictions may apply.
CONTACT us to get started!
Cowley College Concurrent Academic Partnership
for Secondary Students
CAPSS (Concurrent Academic Partnership for Secondary Students) is a program that provides an opportunity for qualified high school students to take advantage of academic college courses and earn college credit prior to graduating from high school.
Check with your high school counselor for eligibility of concurrent credit. Learn more about CAPSS.