Policies & Procedures
106.00 REQUEST FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, ATHLETIC-RELATED INJURIES
In the normal course of athletics, students at times are injured and require basic first-response medical services. In an attempt to be as equitable as possible in the selection of providers for these services, the College will do the following:
- Annually, no later than July 1, the Cowley Athletic
Department will solicit qualifications from interested professional
medical service providers in Cowley County, requesting at a minimum;
- Specialty (Medical, Dental, Optometry, etc.)
- License Number
- Priority of Appointment for Students including Office Hours Only or Available for On-call
- Contact Phone Number
- Interested professionals who respond by August 1 will be included in the rotation for their specialty.
- The athletic trainer or designee will track usage of each interested professional, rotating progressively through the list in alphabetical order.
- In years when services from all professionals on the list are not needed, every effort will be made to begin the next year where the previous year left off.
- Professionals will have to update their interest each year to remain on the active list, but may remove themselves from the active list at any time by written notice.
- This policy will in no way apply to non-athletic event-related medical visits as those visits are strictly the responsibility of the individual student.