Employees may display personal items in their workspace,
provided they meet the following:
- No tape should be used on walls, ceilings, or equipment
to hang items.
- No permanent fasteners should be used without approval
by the appropriate Vice President.
- Personal items should not be offensive to the public
- Personal items should be appropriate to the educational
- Lit candles and other open flames will not be allowed
in any indoor space, including offices, conference rooms, or commons
areas. This is not intended to restrict any faculty supervised open
flame educational demonstrations, such as are common in science labs
or vocational program shops, nor any uses by maintenance personnel
in the repair of College property or equipment.
- Employees may not paint
or otherwise modify their work areas. If specific improvements need
to be made to any work area, those requests should be submitted through
a maintenance request to be scheduled at the earliest possible convenience.
Adopted November 15, 2004
Revised July 21, 2008