General expectations of behavior and conduct acceptable
to the college and/or the community at large:
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect in all dealings with
students, faculty, and staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and collegial relationships
with all faculty and staff members.
- No alcoholic or cereal malt beverages and/or illegal
drugs shall be allowed on the campus or at school-sponsored functions.
- Smoking is not permitted in College facilities. The
same policy shall apply to smokeless tobacco.
- Faculty and staff are expected to obtain a college identification
card and wear it daily.
- College employees are expected to be clean and dress
within the limits of general trends of dress at this college. Additionally,
dress must be in accordance with all laws pertaining to health, sanitation,
and insurance and be appropriate to work assignment.
- Faculty and staff are not to be disruptive or violate
- Faculty and staff are expected to respect the rights
and property of each other.
- Falsification of college records will not be tolerated.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed on campus (except
certified law enforcement officers).
- Compliance with college policies, procedures and/or
regulations is expected of all college
- Ethics and integrity are the responsibility of each
individual. Therefore, every member of the faculty and staff, and any
other person acting on behalf of the College, is responsible for ethical
conduct consistent with Cowley's policies.
Violation of any of the above general expectations may
result in disciplinary measures and/or administrative review up to and
Adopted November 15, 2004
Revised July 18, 2005