Policies & Procedures
111.00 FACULTY AND STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT
College employees are expected to follow acceptable business and professional principles in matters of business and personal conduct and to exhibit personal and professional integrity and objectivity at all times.
General expectations of behavior and conduct acceptable to the college and/or the community at large:
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect in all dealings with students, faculty, and staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and collegial relationships with all faculty and staff members.
- No alcoholic or cereal malt beverages and/or illegal drugs shall be allowed on the campus or at school-sponsored functions.
- Smoking is not permitted in College facilities. The same policy shall apply to smokeless tobacco.
- Faculty and staff are expected to obtain a college identification card and wear it daily.
- College employees are expected to be clean and dress within the limits of general trends of dress at this college. Additionally, dress must be in accordance with all laws pertaining to health, sanitation, and insurance and be appropriate to work assignment.
- Faculty and staff are not to be disruptive or violate good conduct.
- Faculty and staff are expected to respect the rights and property of each other.
- Falsification of college records will not be tolerated.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed on campus (except certified law enforcement officers).
- Compliance with college policies, procedures and/or
regulations is expected of all college
- Ethics and integrity are the responsibility of each individual. Therefore, every member of the faculty and staff, and any other person acting on behalf of the College, is responsible for ethical conduct consistent with Cowley's policies.
Violation of any of the above general expectations may result in disciplinary measures and/or administrative review up to and including termination.