- Classified and administrative personnel will complete
a request for sick leave/vacation (on the College Computer System)
on the first day of return to duty after an absence and submit it to
the appropriate Dean or Supervisor.
- The appropriate Dean or Supervisor shall:
- Review and approve or deny (based on criteria
in policy 165) the completed request for sick leave/vacation
on the first day after the employee returns to duty, and obtain
a certificate of the attending physician when considered appropriate.
- Provide to the emloyee necessary information
concerning FMLA and obtain FMLA authorization forms from the
employee if the absence is likely to extend 3 or more days.
Obtain and submit toEmployee Services not later than
the 10th day of the absence an interim report from the
employee, if an absence is for a prolonged illness and there
is a possibility that the illness will exceed accumulated leave.
- Submit a purchase requisition for a substitute
teacher, if needed, indicating name and days taught, and
the rate of pay after the last day of substitution.
- Employee Services shall:
- Establish a Payroll and Attendance Record for
each employee to be maintained on the payroll system.
- Post to each employee's record the approved leave and issue a
record to each employee with each payroll check.
- Reconcile the Employee Leave Record with time
sheets submitted on Classified Personnel monthly.
Adopted August 4, 1969
Revised July 16, 1973
Revised April 16, 1979
Reviewed July 11, 1989
Revised October 15, 1990
Revised October 18, 1993
Revised June 19, 2000
Reviewed July 21, 2003
Revised December 17, 2007