Policies & Procedures
246.00 ADMINISTRATION AND FACULTY EVALUATION
The purpose of the following evaluation activities at the College is to improve the performance of assigned responsibilities. All professional employees shall be evaluated once each semester for the first three years of employment;once each year for the next three years; and once every three years thereafter. The performance of each professional employee will be evaluated for the period of time beginning with the latest prior evaluation.
- Information concerning individual evaluations will be considered confidential.
- Forms shall be developed based upon the published job descriptions of the individual. Consideration will be given to the following personal qualifications and attributes: efficiency, personal qualities, professional deportment, ability, mental health, performance, and the capacity to maintain control of students.
- Instructors will be evaluated by (a) Self, (b) Department Chairperson, (c) Chief Academic Officer, and (d) Students. The Vice President of Academic Affairs will review evaluations with the instructors at his/her discretion or upon request.
- Department Chairpersons will be evaluated by (a) Self, (b) Members of the Department, and (c) the Chief Academic Officer. The Vice President of Academic Affairs will review evaluations with the Department Chairpersons at his/her discretion.
- Administrators will be evaluated by (a) Self, (b) the Cabinet, and (c) Others who have direct working relationships. The immediate supervisor will review evaluations with the individual administrator at his/her discretion or upon request.
- A summarized form containing a tally of each individual's evaluation will be placed in the individual's permanent file and a copy will be distributed to the individual staff member.