Policies & Procedures
247.00 CLASS WORK PROJECTS
All class work projects must be approved by the instructor who makes the final determination of the acceptability of such projects. These projects must never interfere with the planned course in instruction, and must contribute to the learning process. Work projects will be considered only when submitted by a student enrolled in a given class.
- The student may submit projects personally, initiated by the immediate family, or as the result of an activity in which the student is actively and directly involved. (Immediate family is considered to be parents, brothers, sisters, step-brothers, step-sisters, and grandparents).
- When normal activity does not initiate enough work projects to create an acceptable instructional situation, the instructor may accept projects submitted by the enrolled student only which are initiated by persons other than immediate family. The student is responsible for the project in all respects.
- Community service type projects are to be considered by the instructor only after approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs and/or President.
- Work projects for other departments in the school shall be considered only after approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs and/or President.
- Certain work, considered as an emergency or of unusual nature,may be undertaken for a work project as a service to an industry or business,provided prior approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs is obtained.
- Work requests initiated by other instructors and administrators may be accepted for work projects if approved by the instructor of the class involved.
- Supervised students enrolled in lab classes and their designated instructors are the only persons allowed to operate school equipment without express permission from the instructor in charge of the shop or lab.
- Charges are made only for materials involved and are to be charged to the person who brings in the project in question.