Policies & Procedures
265.00 CREDIT BY EXAMINATION OR EVALUATION
The College will award course credit for non-traditional educational experience validated by performance on approved examinations or other appropriate documentation and evaluation.
- Administration of examinations or evaluation procedures for granting credit shall be authorized by the Chief Academic Officer.
- The student shall pay all fees related to the administration of the examination.
- A maximum of fifteen semester hours of credit may be awarded to a student who scores at the fiftieth percentile or higher on one or more of the general examinations of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- A maximum of fifteen semester hours of credit may be awarded to a student who scores at a level established by the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) on one or more of the subject matter examinations of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or who scores at a level of 3, 4, or 5 on the CEEB Advanced Placement tests.
- A maximum of fifteen semester hours may be awarded to a student who scores at the level established by the American Council on Education for the United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) examinations or course completion.
- A maximum of 20 semester hours may be awarded to a student through evaluation of life experiences.
- Students must complete 12 credit hours at Cowley with
a GPA of 2.0 or higher before Advanced Placement or CLEP credit is
listed on the transcript.
Credit will be awarded for the following ACT or SAT scores:
2 yrs. Algebra;
1 yr. Geometry;
Credit for the appropriate course will appear on the Cowley College transcript with a grade of "CR." The student will not be charged for the 3 hours of credit.