Policies & Procedures
465.00 DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE
The possession, use, or sale of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will not be permitted in college facilities or at college sponsored activities. Persons who violate this policy are subject to disciplinary action by the institution and will be reported to the proper legal authorities. Although the college accepts no direct responsibility for the treatment or rehabilitation of persons involved in substance abuse, the following programs of education, prevention, detection, and deterrence are provided:
- Students found legally guilty of the possession, use, or sale of illegal drugs or alcohol on school grounds may not be eligible to attend classes, reside in student housing, or participate in college activities unless they have executed an agreement to undergo prescribed treatment and/or rehabilitation programs approved by the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Special units addressing the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse are incorporated into the health courses at the college.
- The college will provide staff training concerning the detection, prevention, deterrence,and dangers of drug/alcohol abuse.
- The Drug and Alcohol Task Force Team shall conduct ongoing meetings to address the needs of the college in prevention methods.
- The PAWS (Peers Advocating Wellness for Students) organization shall provide activities throughout the year for students which address the dangers of alcohol/drug abuse as well as promote healthy lifestyles.
- The drug and alcohol abuse policy adopted by the college will comply with federal and state regulations.