Instructions: To make a referral to the Student Life Counselor:
- Open the attached Referral Form that is in Word format or a Referral Form in PDF format..
- Print the form and fill in the requested information completely.
- Send the original of the form to the Student Life Counselor in a sealed envelope.
- Keep a copy for your records.
- Provide the student with
a copy of the resource page.
- Advise student to attempt to contact the Student Life Counselor as soon as possible.
- Inform the student that the Student Life Counselor will use the information provided to attempt to make contact.
CRISIS SITUATIONS: In situations in which a student is threatening harm to self or others, it is NOT sufficient to provide a referral. In this case, one of the resources listed below must be contacted immediately. For telephone numbers of Mental Health Resources for Cowley College Students, go to Resources and Contact Information.