Program Application, along with current documentation, should
be forwarded to the Disability Services Office at Cowley
College. It is important that students who are
planning to request accommodations submit their documentation
to the Disability Services office as soon as possible. Services
are gladly provided to qualified applicants on a first-come
first-serve basis; however, we can not be held responsible
to provide a service when the resource available is limited
or no longer available. Though we shall make every
attempt to provide qualified applicants with appropriate
accommodations, as available, it is incumbent upon the student
to apply for services as soon as possible.
Submit documentation to:
Jim Brown, Student Accessibility Coordinator
125 S. Second St. P.O. Box 1147
Webb Brown Room 202
Arkansas City, Kansas 67005
Release of Information forms are available in the Disability
Services Office or on the Website:
- I understand that this form does not constitute an agreement
- I understand that this form is merely an application which
requests admittance to the program.
- I understand that I must contact the Disability Services
Coordinator to schedule accommodations for course placement
assessments and that this must be done prior to the scheduled
- I understand that my disability documentation must
be updated every three years. This may require
re-evaluation at my own expense.
- I understand the Disability Services Coordinator may contact
my instructors at any time regarding the accommodations
and academic progress.
- I understand that I MUST submit a copy of my
disability documentation to the Cowley College Disability
Services Office before I can receive any accommodations.
- I understand that I MUST schedule an appointment
with the Disability Services Coordinator to complete
a Personalized Plan of Assistance and request my accommodations.