Information and Web Sites for Students
Disability Organizations for Students:
- Learning Disabilities Association of America www.ldanatl.org
- International Dyslexia Association www.interdys.org
- C.H.A.D.D. - Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disabilities www.chadd.org
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association www.asha.org
- A Parent’s Guide to Helping Kids with Learning Differences www.schwablearning.org
- Website for Learning Disabilities www.ldonline.org
- National Center for Learning Disabilities www.ncld.org/
- American Hyperlexia Association www.hyperlexia.org/
- Disability Resources www.esmerel.org/
Other Helpful Web sites:
College Preparation Resources for Students:
Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic: http://www.rfbd.org/
ADA Home Page: http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/
Link to the Office of Civil Rights: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/
Scholarship information for students with disabilities: http://www.finaid.org/otheraid/disabled.phtml
Other Cowley Programs:
IMPACT Program –
This program is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services program designed to assist eligible students in successfully reaching their academic goals. Services are offered free to individuals who are enrolled in the program. The IMPACT program is located in the Underground of the Nelson Student Center. Many students who qualify for Disability Services will also qualify for IMPACT services.
The Student Life Counselor provides mental health services to students in effective management of their personal and educational challenges. All services are free and confidential. The Student Life Counselor is located in Room 204 of the Nelson Student Center.
Academic Support –
The Academic Support specializes in assisting students with a variety of academic needs. Tutoring, computers, printers, Internet access, writing assistance and software tutorial programs are free of charge for Cowley students. Tutoring Services are available during Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Click here for the Tutoring Service on the main campus.