Ireland HallHistory

Buildings

Ireland Hall

In 1968 a five-year master plan initiated by Dr. Gwen Nelson included the purchase of land around Galle-Johnson Hall and the old senior high school, which was constructed in 1890 and is now known as Ireland Hall.

In 1974, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and declared a state landmark. The building was officially dedicated on Dec. 12, 1982, and named after W.H. "Pat" Ireland, a strong community supporter who had served on the college’s Board of Trustees for nearly 10 years.

Ireland Hall occupants include the Criminal Justice Program and the Office of NJCAA Commissioner on the Main Level, and Cosmetology on the Lower Level.

[Back to History Table of Contents]