Sarah Mathews has been an instructor in the Business and Computer Information Technology Department since August 2008. Mathew's concentration is in the area of accounting but also teaches other related business courses. Additionally, Sarah serves as the Cowley College Chapter advisor for Collegiate DECA and is a member of the National Collegiate DECA advisory board.
Sarah and her husband Anson have one son, Chase, who is 13. They enjoy spending their time watching Chase as he competes in baseball, basketball and track. Summers are spent traveling with baseball, or enjoying a Royals game at the K.
In the classroom, Mathews strives to create a fun, interactive, yet challenging environment where students will learn the various accounting topics necessary to succeed in the business environment or as accountants.
- B.A. - Computer Science - Southwestern College
- B.S. - Business and Computer Information Systems - Southwestern College
- M.B.A. - Wichita State University
- Master of Accountancy - Wichita State University - May 2018
- Collegiate DECA Professional Member
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Kansas National Education Association (KNEA)
- Collegiate DECA National Advisory Board
- College Education Association