Bronze Tiger Sculpture
A new bronze Tiger sculpture was formally dedicated
during a noon ceremony on Oct. 4. Taking part in the ribbon cutting
were, from left, Anij Indigo, the sculpture’s artist; Julie Cleveland,
president of Cowley’s Student Government Association; and Dr.
Pat McAtee, Cowley president.
The Tiger is on permanent display on the southeast corner of Galle-Johnson Hall, at the corner of Second Street and Fifth Avenue. Indigo, from Loveland, Colo., was commissioned to create the sculpture. The Tiger is 14 feet long from head to tail and weighs approximately 1,400 pounds
Additional landscaping that will include some taller grasses and other vegetation will make the Tiger look as though he’s leaping from the grass. The college has had the Tiger as its college mascot since 1923 when chemistry instructor and coach Dan Stark arrived from the University of Missouri.