Gottlob named Cowley College student of the
Alex Gottlob, a sophomore business administration major, was named Cowley College’s Student of the Year during the school’s annual Honors and Awards Ceremony held April 17 in the Brown Center’s Earle N. Wright Community Room.
Gottlob was involved in Phi Beta Lambda, Campus Christian Fellowship, and was a Cowley Ambassador. He plans to attend Southwestern College in Winfield in the fall. Representing Cowley’s Phi Beta Lambda organization at the National Leadership Conference in Nashville, TN. in June, 2006, Gottlob became the first Cowley student to place first at the national level as he placed first in job interview.
Gottlob, who has been the owner of Gottlob Lawn and Landscape since he was in the sixth grade, was humbled to receive the award. “I want to thank everybody for a wonderful two years here at Cowley College,” Gottlob said. “I also want to thank (PBL advisor) Bev Grunder for all her help.”
A representative from each department at Cowley College honored students that have excelled during the 2006-07 academic year during the ceremony.
“We are so proud of our students,” Cowley president Dr. Patrick J. McAtee said. “You see the special bond our faculty and staff have with our students and that is the special thing about Cowley.”
- Academic Excellence Challenge — Brett Albright, Steven Arebalo, Matt Beach, Derek Bowman, Chansi Long.
- Academic Civic Engagement through Service — Jhesi Bain, Alysha Carlson, Tabitha Farley.
- Act One Drama Club — Brandon Cheney, Laura Durham, Brittany Richerson.
- Art Club — Chelsea Lowry, Kevin Redford.
- Black Student Union — Joseph Harvey, Alexis Johnson.
- Campus Christian Fellowship — Jessica Ball, Everett Harbison, Jayme Shriver.
- Chess Club — Andrew Atterberry, Hope Berg, Jessica Tibbott.
- Instrumental Music — Phillip Vinson.
- International Student Club — Eliane Domingos, Marina Tosi, Trang Le.
- Journalism Club — Sarah LaVallee, Chansi Long, Victoria Ukaoma, Amanda Pratt.
- Kansas National Education Association — Tabitha Smith.
- Mu Alpha Sigma Chi - Brett Albright, Jessica Ball.
- Paws Advocating Wellness for Students — Brandy Hallacy, Matt Mendoza.
- Phi Beta Lambda — Caleb DeGraaf, Megan Pauly.
- Tyger Tawk Communications Club — Jessica Hadley, Amanda Pratt, Denise (Nykki) Watkins.
- Vocal Music — Nathan Holcomb.
- Allied Health Department — Brian Schmidt.
- Business, Computer and Information Technology Department — Alex Gottlob.
- Career & Technical Education Department — Curtis Betzen.
- Humanities Department — Brittany Richerson.
- Natural Science Department — Justin Flint.
- Social Science Department — Jessica Bowman-Bekemeyer.
- Phi Theta Kappa — Tiffany Hutchinson, Alexis Johnson, Alyssa Showman.
- Male Student Athlete of the Year — Tyler Fleming.
- Female Student Athlete of the Year — Alyssa Showman.
- Students of the Month — Tamara McMillan, Krista Dopfel, Alyssa Showman, Brittany Richerson, Alex Gottlob, Chansi Long, Amanda Pratt, Alexis Johnson.
- Student Ambassadors – Brett Albright, Kim Bacastow, Heather Bailes, Jessica Ball, Andy Bohn, Andy Ebert, Alex Gottlob, Ashleigh Hurt, Tiffany Hutchinson, Alexis Johnson, Kacie Laha, Elizabeth Muntz, Jayme Shriver, Valerie Strickland, Brylee Sturd, Kristine Thompson, Jessica Tibbott, Victoria Ukaoma.
- Student Government Association — Zachary Blanchard, Krista Dopfel, Aaron Loehr, Alexie Smith, Angela Welch, Adam Wiley.
- Student of the Year — Alex Gottlob.