February 18, 2004
Fifteen Cowley employees to be honored for years of service
Fifteen full-time employees at Cowley County Community College will be honored during a celebration Tuesday for their years of service to the college.
A Celebration of Appreciation is scheduled for 3 p.m. in the Earle N. Wright Community Room inside the Brown Center for Arts, Sciences and Technology on the main campus.
Dr. Pat McAtee, president, will present gifts to the 15 employees. Refreshments will be served.
Employees are honored for continuous service of five years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, 35 years and so on. As of last year, 90 of the college's 190 full-time employees had been with the college for five or more years.
Employees who will be honored Tuesday:
- 35 years: Conrad Jimison, Vice President of Administration.
- 25 years: Libby Palmer, Administrative Assistant to President.
- 20 years: Ed Hargrove, Head Softball Coach.
- 15 years: Larry Grose, Men's Tennis Coach and Dejon Ewing, Department Chair, Humanities.
- 10 years: Bruce Watson, ADA Compliance Officer; Rex Soule, Publications Designer; and Bryan McChesney, Coordinator of ITV, Technology Specialist.
- 5 years: Robert Wood, Dorm Manager/Assistant Track Coach; Karolee Weller, Natural Science Instructor; LeArta Watkins, Director of Distance Learning; Loretta Waldroupe, Math Specialist for IMPACT; Chris Mayer, Social Science Instructor; Todd Ray, Maintenance Technician; and DeAnna Harp, Financial Aid Clerk.
Gifts employees could select from were key rings, letter openers, brass and leather coasters, Nappa leather bi-fold wallets, Le Petit clocks, brass paperweights and clocks, and brass business card holders.