May 15, 2007
Board hears about text message alert system
Charles McKown, dean of research and technology, provided information
on a text message alert system during the Board of Trustees regular monthly
meeting Monday night.
The message alert system is designed to send short e-mail messages to the text messaging feature of your cell phone. Student participation in this service is strictly voluntary. The text message alert system will be implemented in the summer.
In other matters, the Board:
- Discussed the KACCT/COP Retreat, which will be held June 15-16 at Barton County Community College.
- Discussed the need to come up with a succession plan for the North Central Accreditation Team.
- Viewed a letter sent to Charles McKown thanking him for the computers he donated to the Northwest Community Center.
- Submitted the Credit by Examination or Evaluation for first reading.
- Viewed enrollment analysis data submitted by Charles McKown.
- Viewed a summer enrollment report that indicates as of May 8, full-time equivalency was 847, which is slightly down from this time last year.
- Approved the employment of Robert Barry Johnson as ATC instruction specialist, effective May 1; approved the hiring of Bridget Mack as Interior Design instructor, effective May 1; approved the hiring of Amber Young as custodian, effective May 15.
- Approved the list of instructors and staff for Advisement pay for Spring 2007, according to the Master Agreement.
- Approved compensation for sponsorships of college activities.
- Held an executive session to discuss non-elected personnel and property acquisition.
- Approved the purchase of property at 101 N. 4th in Arkansas City for the price of $21,970.