October 24, 2006
Board approves agreement to provide MICT training at Butler
Beginning January 2008, Cowley College will provide MICT training at Butler Community College’s Andover campus. The Board of Trustees approved the agreement during its regular monthly meeting Monday night.
Butler will provide the classroom space and equipment, while Cowley will handle the instruction and grant the degree.
“I think it is a great partnership because we will be able to take a high dollar degree program into Butler County that they currently don’t have and be able to serve the students of Butler County right on site,” Cowley College Vice President of Student and Academic Affairs Sheree Utash said. “It is a perfect example of how we need to be collaborating together with the institutions to create opportunities for the students.”
In other matters, the Board:
1. Saw Cowley President Dr. Pat McAtee present a gift to Krista Dopfel of Belle Plaine, for being named October Student of the Month.
2. Heard from members of the Board that attended the 2006 ACCT Community College Leadership Congress, Oct. 11-15 in Orlando, Fla.
3. Discussed the KACCT/COP December quarterly meeting, which will be hosted by Allen County Community College, Dec. 3-4.
4. Discussed the Community College National Legislative Summit that is scheduled for Feb. 12-14, 2007 in Washington, D.C.
5. Set the Cowley College Trustee/Legislative Dinner for 6 p.m. October 30 at the Ridge Restaurant in Winfield.
6. Viewed a fall enrollment report that indicates as of Oct. 20, full-time equivalency was 3,180, which is slightly down from this time last year.
7. Presented for first reading the Vacation-Classified Personnel policy and Admission policy.
8. Approved overload contracts for 2006 fall semester.
9. Approved the employment of Janet Bogle as nursing coordinator, effective Oct. 24; Approved the employment of Matthew Stone as security officer, effective Oct. 24.
10. Accepted a letter of resignation from Jesse Sexton as custodian, effective, Oct. 12.
11. Held an executive session to discuss non-elected personnel and property acquisition.