May 19, 2008
11th annual Great Cowley Duck Dash raises $11,735
Enjoying beautiful surroundings, great food and entertainment, 300 people
attended the 11th annual Great Cowley Duck Dash held Saturday at Arkansas
Spring Hill Farms.
The event, which featured a duck race and duck squat, raised $11,735. All totaled, the Great Cowley Duck Dash has raised $165,035 over the past 11 years.
“The weather was beautiful, the food was so good as usual and it is always a great time for visiting with friends,” Cowley College director of Alumni and Development Shannon Massey said. “I would like to thank our great sponsors and everyone who purchased tickets, Great Western Dining for providing the wonderful food and a special thank you to Bob and Gwen Tyler for allowing us to use their beautiful property.”
Steve and Pam Archer were winners of the duck race and the $1,000 cash prize. Mark McNeil and Jennifer Welch were winners of the duck squat and won $500 each. There were also more than 20 door prize winners at the event.
Ish Farid and Abbie Carver provided musical entertainment.
Door prize winners:
- Cowley County fly over provided by B Four Flying — Gary and Pat McCutcheon
- Two tickets to PrairieFest activities — Galaxy Tool
- Basket of specialty food items — Galaxy Tool
- Wine Basket — Aaron and Amanda Iverson
- One barbeque dinner per month for 12 months from Carl’s BBQ — Scott and Heather Munson
- Custom painted fire hydrant — Jason O’Toole
street sign — Larry and Wanda Schwintz; Mendy Pfannenstiel.
- $50 toward one month utility bill for Arkansas City resident — Wayne
and Sandy Short; Schmidt Jewelers.
- American Eagle Silver Dollar — Joe and Nel
- $75 gift basket from Brown’s — LaDonna Lanning
- $100 in
Chamber Bucks — John and Julie Bossi
- $75 gift certificate for landscaping products and services provided by Gottlob Lawn and Landscaping — Jim Reed
- Gemstone Bracelet and Earrings — Albert and Audine Clemente
- $40 in Chamber Bucks — Rich and Nancy Tredway
- Individually Yours Massage — Brett and Cathy Butler
- Shirt and cap from Jan’s Sport Shack — Ellen Kelly
- Gift from Wildbird Center — Janet Kennedy
- Facial by Arthetta Kimmell at Skin Glow Spa — Jean
- $25 gift certificate for landscaping products and services provided by Quality Outdoor Design — Webber land Company
- One night stay at The Rafael Hotel in Kansas City — Dorothy Rush Realty
- $50 gift certificate to the Ridge — Jean Hill (Loser’s race)
- Television provided by Sears of Winfield — Richard and Marilyn Marrs
- ”Bridges of Cowley County” framed print — J.C. and Donna Louderback
- Sport utility vehicle floor mats — John and Chris Clemente