January 15, 2009
Cowley honors 22 employees for years of service
Twenty-two Cowley College employees were honored Thursday morning for
their years of service during a recognition ceremony in the Earle N.
Wright Community Room inside the Brown Center.
Employees were honored in five-year increments.
Awards are presented annually to employees who have worked five, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 consecutive years.
This year’s award recipients:
- 30 years: Libby Palmer, administrative assistant to the president/Board
- 25 years: Ed Hargrove, head softball coach.
- 20 years: Dejon Ewing, Humanities Department instructor.
- 15 years: Bryan McChesney, coordinator, ITV/Technology specialist; Bruce
Watson, coordinator, athletic/community/minority counselor.
- 10 years: Deanna Harp, financial aid specialist; Todd Ray, maintenance
supervisor; Loretta Waldroupe, math specialist, student support services;
Lindsay Sanderholm, danceline head coach/Aerobics instructor; Chris Mayer,
Social Science Department instructor; Karolee Weller, Natural Science
- 5 years: Ben Schears, director of International Student Services; Roxanna James, IMPACT administrative secretary; Mark Phillips, head track and field coach/assistant cross country coach; Amy McWhirt, Humanities faculty; David Hays, Natural Science Department instructor; April Nittler, Social Science Department instructor; Sandy Randel, director of Career and Technical Education and Workforce Development; Syd Alexander, bus driver/groundskeeper; Robert Richards, custodian; Rama Peroo, director of institutional communications and public relations; Clinton Marlow, director of computer services.