January 12, 2010
Cowley honors 25 employees for years of service
Twenty-five Cowley College employees were honored Tuesday morning for
their years of service during a recognition ceremony in the Earle N.
Wright Community Room inside the Brown Center.
Employees were honored in five-year increments.
Awards are presented annually to employees who have worked five, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 consecutive years.
This year’s award recipients:
- 35 years: Elvin Hatfield, Business Technology Department instructor.
- 30 years: Joycelyn Goff, accounting coordinator; Terri Hutchinson,
- 25 years: Deb Nittler, Social Science Department instructor; Larry
Swaim, purchasing coordinator.
- 20 years: Tammy Barnaby, freight and supplies specialist; Darren
Burroughs, assistant baseball coach; Marcia Cales, Natural Science
- 15 years: Jody Arnett, administrative assistant to the Vice President
of Business Service; Tony Crouch, Executive Vice President of Business
Service; Lois Sampson, Humanities Department instructor; Michelle Schoon,
Natural Science Department Chair.
- 10 years: Heather Allen, Director of Organizational Learning and
Academic Advising; Mark Britton, registrar; Jafar Hashemi, Natural
Science Department instructor; Rhoda MacLaughlin, Director of Library
Services; Bev Manuszak, Student Support Services Counselor; Greg Nichols,
Natural Science Department instructor; Roy Reynolds, Student Life Counselor;
Todd Shepherd, Social Science Department Chair.
- 5 years: Todd Clark, head women’s basketball coach; Carl Garison, maintenance technician; Julie Kratt, Humanities Department instructor; Donni McClaflin, telephone receptionist; Kathy Witte, accounts payable specialist.