Golden Tigers offering two enrollment events
May 15, 2019
The Cowley College Golden Tigers are offering two enrollment sessions for the summer term. Enrollment will be held at Arkansas City’s Earle N. Wright Community Room from 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, while enrollment at the Sumner Campus Short Community Room will take place from 1-3 p.m. Thursday, May 23.
The Golden Tigers is for women and men age 50 and over. Fees for classes are due at the time of enrollment. Persons planning to attend enrollment should bring mailing labels to use on their enrollment forms and sign-up sheets. This saves writing your name repeatedly and speeds up the enrollment process. Enrollment by telephone or mail will be accepted after May 23.
For more information on the Arkansas City Golden Tigers summer enrollment contact Sandy Wiemers at (620) 441-5286, or by e-mail: email@example.com. For information on the Sumner Campus Golden Tigers summer enrollment contact Jessica Ricke at (620) 441-6504 or at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The summer 2019 schedule:
- Aqua Fun – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, June 3-June 28 and July 8-July 31, 1-2 p.m. Family Aquatics Center, Arkansas City High School. Participants will be led by trained personnel through specially designed exercises that can help increase joint flexibility and improve mobility.
- Aerobics – Monday and Wednesday, June 10-26 and July 8-31, 10:15-11 a.m. Brown Center Room 203. This energetic and upbeat class is sure to get your body moving. It’s fun and easy with a mix of 50’s to today’s music hits that combine dancing, cardio and light weights for a great total body workout.
- Functional Exercise – Tuesday and Thursday, June 4-27 and July 9-30, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Ben Cleveland Wellness Center. Guided exercises to improve joint mobility and stability, muscular endurance and strength, balance and coordination. The use of light weights and elastic resistance bands will be implemented.
- Barn Quilt Class – Thursday, June 13, 1-4 p.m., location to be determined. Make your own 2x2 barn quilt, with several different patterns and colors to choose from.
- Patriotic Home Décor – Wednesday, June 12, 1-4 p.m., Webb-Brown Room 207. Make a faux shadow box with scrapbook paper and patriotic items.
- English Paper Piecing Program – Wednesday, June 5, 1-4 p.m., Beehive Quilt Shop in Wellington. Small project involving hand work and hand sewing. Complete kits are available for purchase at the Beehive Quilt Shop.
- Friendship Table Runner – Monday, July 22, 1-4 p.m., Beehive Quilt Shop in Wellington. This quick project makes a great gift. It is also available as in a Christmas theme. The finished size is 15 ½ x 51. Requires the use of a binding tool, which Beehive Quilt Shop has available. If you have your own sewing machine, please bring it. The Beehive Quilt Shop has Brother machines available for in-class use.
- Microsoft Word – Wednesday, June 5, 12, 19, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Sumner Campus Technology and Innovation Center Room 106. Participants will learn to navigate Word. Please bring your own laptop or one will be provided. It is best to learn on the laptop that you will be using at home if you have one.
- Microsoft Excel – Wednesday, July 10, 17, 24, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Sumner Campus Technology and Innovation Center Room 106. Participants will learn to navigate Excel. Please bring your own laptop or one will be provided. It is best to learn on the laptop that you will be using at home if you have one.