Six DECA students qualify for nationals
February 5, 2020
A total of 11 Cowley College DECA students recently competed in the State DECA Conference held in Hillsboro, Kansas. Six of the 11 students qualified for nationals, which will be held April 22-26 in Atlanta, GA.
Following are Cowley results at the competition:
- Braylee Heisler - Financial Accounting – 1st place
- Levi Macy - Financial Accounting – 2nd place
- Jordan McNown - Financial Accounting – 3rd place, Restaurant Management – 2nd place
- Spencer Rahn - Marketing Management – 3rd place
- Mark Kiselev - Sales Management Meeting – 3rd place
- Vladuslav Bondarchuk - Entrepreneurship Operations – 3rd place
- Levi Macy/Spencer Rahn - Business to Business Marketing – 2nd place
- Baylee Heisler/Vladuslav Bondarchuk - Financial Statement Analysis – 2nd place
DECA Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) not for-profit student organization with more than 215,000 members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance and accounting, and hospitality management. Throughout the year, students have the opportunity to attend leadership conferences in New York, Anaheim, Orlando, Atlanta, and Washington D.C, as well as local state level conferences. At these conferences, students compete in their fields of studies through case studies and prepared presentations, along with listening to diversified speakers and presentations in related fields of study.