CC Singers brighten people’s day

February 14, 2020

Cowley College singers

Making it a memorable Valentine’s Day for numerous individuals in Arkansas City and Winfield, the Cowley College singers performed singing Valengrams throughout the County on Friday and raised money to help with future performances.

Eleven individuals ordered Singing Valengrams, which consisted of the Cowley College Singers delivering one or two songs and one or two roses to a lucky recipient.

The Cowley College Singers, under the direction of vocal music director Lindsay Allen, is a highly visible and entertaining performance ensemble.

Song selections included: My Guy (sung by ladies), Sincerely (sung by ladies), Let Me Call You Sweetheart, I Love You Truly, Can’t Help Falling in Love, Hooked on a Feeling, I’ll Be There, Happy Together, Lean on Me, Unchained Melody (sung by men), and Stand By Me (sung by men).

Cowley College’s Visual and Performing Arts Department will return to preparing to perform "9 to 5" The Musical March 26-28 inside the Robert Brown Theatre.

The musical will be performed each night at 7:30 p.m. The Cowley College Foundation Dinner and Show will be offered on March 27 with dinner beginning at 6 p.m. Also, on Saturday, March 28, there will be a 2:30 p.m. matinee offered.