Cowley students record virtual Writers’ Corner

May 5, 2020

Cowley College writers recorded a virtual Writers’ Corner on Friday, May 1 to release to the Cowley community and others at the beginning of finals week since their regularly scheduled Writers’ Corner was cancelled due to COVID-19.

The virtual Writers’ Corner can be found at https://youtu.be/jAFYFnTbRc0.

“It's our gift to the community,” Humanities Department Chair/Creative Writing Program Director Marlys Cervantes said. “I did not require it of the writers since the format was so different, but I still had 10 who were excited to be part of this event. I am so proud of their writing and the fact that they were willing to share that writing even though they are spread out all over at this time. There are a couple of places where the audio or video isn't the greatest, so please don't stop viewing. Remember, we are joining via Zoom with great differences in equipment as we came together.”

The students who presented in the virtual Writers Corner, in order, are: Rachel Shriner, Jayden Palmer, Seth Valentine, Makayla Dick, Garrett Bogle, Abigail Williamson, Erin Sitsler, Aimee Kozushko, Sheyenna White, and Dachye Stubbs. Dachye recorded her portion of the event all the way from the Bahamas.

Those interested in the Creative Writing Program can contact Marlys Cervantes at 620-441-5560 or at marlys.cervantes@cowley.edu.