Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available from the Dept of Ed.
Use Cowley College Title IV Code: 001902
The Financial Aid Office makes every effort to meet the college-related costs of each student based on eligibility criteria, satisfactory academic progress, and availability. Federal Financial Aid is available to those who qualify after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The types of Federal Financial Aid programs offered through Cowley College are Federal
Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG), Federal Work
Study, and the Federal Direct Loan Program. The college also has financial aid programs
available that are funded through the institution. These programs include Institutional
Work Study programs and many Institutional Scholarships.
Payment of tuition and fees are due by the first day of class. All federal aid files must be 100% complete by August 1st if the aid will be used as payment of tuition and fees. If files are not complete by August 1st, students will need to make payment arrangements. This will secure enrollment while financial aid is processing. Published disbursement dates are priority for those files completed by August 1st.
Financial Aid Info
- Apply for Admission at mycc.cowley.edu/ICS/Admissions.
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Log into the Financial Aid Portal and be sure to accept or decline all offered aid.
- Follow up with our Financial Aid Office in Galle-Johnson Hall for more information and to verify you have filled out all the necessary forms.
- If you have questions or need support, contact the office at 620-441-5304 or email@example.com.
All FAFSA’s selected by the Central Processing System (CPS) will be verified 100% by our Financial Aid Office. Any FAFSA with an asterisk beside the EFC number on the Student Aid Report (SAR) has been selected.
For more information on the FAFSA Process, see this outline provided by studentaid.gov.
Students must be enrolled in and attending at least six (6) credit hours per semester at Cowley College to receive a Stafford loan.
Summer hours are calculated the same as any other semester. You still will have to have 6 hours to be eligible for a loan.
The Pell Grant is a federal program designed to provide financial assistance to those who need it to attend post secondary educational institutions. The amount of the Pell Grant is determined on the basis of the resources of the student, as well as that of the student’s family. The Pell Grant does not require repayment.
You will be eligible for a grant if you meet ALL of the below criteria:
- You are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- You are attending a participating college
- You are working toward a degree or certificate
- You are making satisfactory academic progress
- You do not owe a refund on a federal grant or you are not in default on a federal education loan
- You have financial need, as determined by the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Federal Aid Disbursement DatesNote: For Fall & Spring student who are enrolled in 2nd 8-week courses disbursements may be delayed.
|Fall 2023||September 22, 2023|
|Spring 2024||February 23, 2024|
|Summer 2024||June 20, 2024|