Financial Information

Veteran's Benefits


Cowley College Office of Veterans' Service




Cowley has a long history of trying to best serve the veterans and military personnel by encouraging participation in higher education. We have developed a relatively seamless articulation of military courses into Cowley credit and financial help as needed

Please read the following  information.
If you agree with these policies, click I Agree and you will be forwarded to the
Request for Certification Form.


Read Carefully:

I must complete an application (22-1990) for VA Benefits with the VA before I will receive any benefits. This application (22-1990) can be found at on the VONAPP site.KanVet

I must complete this form (Request for Certification Form) each semester to receive benefits to attend Cowley College.

VA regulations require me to comply with Cowley College's Veterans Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. I have read and understand this policy.

I understand that I am required to forward to Cowley College's Registrar's Office all academic transcripts from other post-secondary schools I have attended. I have complied with this requirement.

A degree plan and declared degree is required for all students to receive VA benefits. I must have a degree on file with the college. If I have not declared a degree or major, I will be considered as an Associates of Arts degree seeking student with a Liberal Arts major.

The VA requires the college certifying official verify the beginning and ending date of your classes. Therefore, if I enroll in a pre-session or classes that are less than 16 weeks I may not be entitled to full time (12 credit hours) benefits. If I am taking classes that are not full semester classes I will check with the Registrar to verify how they will be considered by the VA.

All classes each semester up to 12 credit hours must be within my degree plan. Classes over 12 credit hours in a semester do not need to fit in my degree plan.
If I am a Chapter 30 (MGIB), 1606 or 1607 I will verify my attendance monthly by either calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or by creating a WAVE account at

If I already have a Bachelors degree or an Associate degree I might not be eligible for benefits at Cowley College.

I must pay my own tuition and school expenses when due. The VA does not pay them for me (except Chapter 31, and 33 veterans). I will not be allowed to charge my book at the college bookstore.  If I am receiving additional aid Pell or Loan I will check with the Financial Aid department about permission to charge textbooks and supplies.

I can only receive benefits for classes that are required for the completion of my degree.

I will immediately notify the Registrar if I drop or withdraw from class(es) or change my address.
I will repay the VA for classes from which I drop or withdraw or for any benefits I wrongfully receive.
If at any time I have questions regarding my benefits I may contact the Registrar (620-441-5595) or go to the VA website at


Have a Question?

Name  (required field)

Email  (required field)

Phone  (required field)