Student of the Month
Known for his dominance on the tennis court, Cowley College sophomore Bruno Nhavene has shown he is no slouch in the classroom as the sports management major was recently named the school’s February Student of the Month.
Being the No. 1-ranked under-12 tennis player in South Africa, Nhavene moved to Morocco at an early age to concentrate on his tennis career.
“It was tough for my parents to be away from me, but they told me if you want to be someone in life, you have to sacrifice and go through things that will make you a better person,” Nhavene said. “They did what was best for me, and I love them with all my heart.”
Take time to NOMINATE an outstanding student now! Nominations must be received by the 5th of the month. To be considered, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Must have established a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher on 31 or more credit hours.
- Must be enrolled full time.
- Must be an outstanding citizen.
The submission form will request the following information:
- Nominee name
- Nominator name and email
- Why it is believed that the student is a good candidate for student of the month
- How the student serves as a role model for others
- List of activities outside the classroom
- List of honors and awards
- Other comments can be provided but are not required
To nominate a student, log into Cowley Connect and find the "Student of the Month Nomination" page linked from the left sidebar under the INTRANET tab.